Monday, April 27, 2009

Bird Man...Part one of the saga....

So let's rewind the clock to about a month ago- the weekend before St. Patty's Day. It was my old roommate's last weekend living with me since she had to move for work. We decided to meet up after she got done with the concert she was going to see. The grand master plan was that I would've already been out with my BFF, but she ended up having to bail. My roommate calls and convinces me I should get spiffied up anyways and we'll all head to this punk bar called Exit. We'd always said how we needed to go there, so I figured what the hey.

I proceeded to get spiffied up and my roommate and her friend Brandon get back to the apartment. After a quick shot for good luck, we hop in a cab and head out. I was excited because it was supposed to be Industrial night, so if nothing else, I was hoping to be in music heaven. We head in and the place has a decent amount of people, but nowhere near a usual Saturday crowd due to everyone else being at the Irish pubs. Anywho, we proceed to go upstairs and hear what the DJ decided to play. After a few songs, I realized I wasn't going to be hearing anything I wanted, so we went back downstairs for some good old punk. My roommate's friend excuses himself to the bathroom and I grab a round of drinks. We noticed another guy followed him into the bathroom, so my roommate and I proceed to freak out that he's about to get jumped since the ladies room was a one person potty. He comes back out and we ask him what happened. Looking at us funny, he said, "Well, if you must know, I had to pee." The other guy comes out and overhears our conversation.

Enter Bird Man. After a few smoke breaks with Brandon, Bird Man (BM) realizes that we are not in fact there together and got the go ahead to hit on me. The entire time, I am completely oblivious. I fail at this whole picking up on flirting thing. At first, I think he's just talking to the group of us or Brandon. He invites us to another bar that plays more industrial music. I was game, as were my companions, so we piled into a cab yet again. The next bar was pretty sweet, definitely more my speed and there was a dance floor. *Insert happy dance here* BM paid for all our covers, so that was pretty awesome. My roommate goes away to get a drink, so its just me and BM. We discover similar tastes in music and get into a conversation about Nine Inch Nails. I text my roommate to find out where she went. Her response was one simple sentence that clued me in to what was going on: "I'm letting that guy hit on you." After reading that, I excuse myself to dance to a few songs while I figure out how I didn't realize I was getting picked up. Conversation continues to go well with BM, so after he politely asks , I put my phone number in his cell. He tells me he'll call me tomorrow and take me to lunch.

The entire cab ride home, I'm kind of in shock. I hadn't even entertained the idea of meeting someone new, but I convinced myself he wouldn't call anyways. Boys never call when they say they're going to. After sleeping off the drinking from the night before, I get up and make breakfast. Much to my surprise, my phone rings and its BM. We decide to meet up at a diner later that day for lunch. Conversation goes well again and we agree to see on another once I return from my trip.

It started out so well. But alas, there's more.... I'll save part two for my next post. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment