Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The End of Birdman

Alright, so after a long break of being out of town and busy, I can finally close out this saga (not that you were on the edges of your seats or anything....)

Birdman texts me while I'm at work and asks if I want to grab dinner later that night. I agree, plus the idea of a ride home from work sounded wonderful and prevented me from working too much overtime :)

He picks me up and goes in for a kiss once I get in the car. It was as if he'd settled into a relationship with me even though we hadn't even talked about that. We were still casually dating, but I have a feeling he felt differently.

After a decent dinner, we went to his place and vegged out. Again, he went in for the kiss and ended up pecking me incessantly. I knew then and there that I had to figure out how to end this because it was just NOT working. I stuck around for about an hour and headed home with a "headache." I proceeded to send all the right signals the following week- being distant, not answering calls, anything to indicate that I had lost interest.

He called a few days later and we chatted. He asked if I wanted to see a movie that weekend and I told him I'd think about it. After hanging up, I knew I just had to end this. He really was a nice guy but without that physical chemistry, there was no point in dragging things out.

I hate that I'm this girl, but I broke things off via text message. Ya, I know. Please judge me for that one. I should've been a big girl and told him face to face but I hate confrontation and I hate hurting people more than that. He took it well; it seems he was expecting it.

I wish you well Birdman. Hope you find someone to share a nest with that enjoys the pecking that I did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment