Wednesday, May 27, 2009

How to Woo Online

So in jumping back on the bike after falling off, I searched through profiles on Match again and found a few guys who caught my eye and a few who didn't. Maybe some pointers would be helpful on how to catch my eye at least....

A few tips:

1. Being honest is a plus. I've read profiles saying straight out, "I'm not romantic but at least I'm honest about it." That's something good to know going into things.

2. Use your big people words. Seriously. We're all adults here. Typing your entire profile in CAPS or in internet speak is not ok. To steal a line from the profile from I guy I went out with from Match, good grammar and spelling turn me on like you would not believe.

3. Have a good profile picture. I feel bad for not giving people a chance if they don't have a picture, but physical attraction needs to be there. And pictures of you and your friends are great and all, but I can't tell which one you are, it's probably not a good picture. On a similar note, if you are holding some sort of cup or bottle in all your pictures, it makes you look like a wine-o and that's a big turn-off for me.

4. Say something interesting. Stand out from the crowd. A lot of the guys I've actually e-mailed or winked at on that site had something different in their profile, be it a funny opener or a great quote from a favorite movie. This is your chance to show your personality, so let it shine through.

I suppose that's all for now. I certainly hope I'm half as charming online as I am in person.

1 comment:

  1. and when you send me a message...ASK a question...or at least give me something to respond to.

    Saying "hey babe, looking hot" is NOT a message. it is a cheezy pick up line. i won't write back to that...

    ReplyDelete