Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dating is exhausting...

Seriously though. It's a lot of fun, but being out later than normal really starts to take a toll on you eventually. After a weekend with two dates and a day of shopping with my sister, I was pretty much a zombie at work yesterday. At times, I just wanna go home and curl up with a book, a cup of tea, and be in sweat pants rather than all this dressing up nice business.

But to the juicy stuff... the dates! I'm currently seeing two guys, very different yet I'm attracted to both of them.

So bachelor #1 is a law student, so I'll refer to him as such. Originally, the plan was to grab dinner and see the movie Up. After my swing dance class that Monday, I had an alternative that he went for- swing dancing! We went out to dinner and then went to the studio where I take a class. They did a 45 min. crash course and the rest of the evening was open for dancing on both floors :) Mr. law student eventually caught on to the dancing, though it was a bit awkard at first. In swing dancing, its very important to have a strong lead, as all the signals as to what you're going to do next come from the arms. I had to give him a few pointers as to why I didn't know what we were doing next, but he fixed his form and we were good to go. I had a lot of fun, even if he didn't have too much rythym or understand that how fast we danced had to change with the tempo of the music. Definitely got an A for effort. I got a quick peck at the end of the night as well, which was sweet.

I like the law student because he's very intelligent and witty, but I do feel like I make him nervous. He always seems awkward around me, which in turn makes me feel a little awkward. He's very sweet and gentlemanly, but at times, it comes off as timid to me. He asked if it would be alright if he could hold my hand; I told him to just grab it, there's no need to ask. In telling a co-worker about this, she thought it was sweet that he asked, but I prefer a man to be more sure of himself and take a little initiative. I do like spending time with him though, so I'm going to be patient and give him a chance.

Bachelor #2 is a former Navy guy who now works at a Naval hosptial in the area doing fitness training with the guys there. I almost canceled on this one but I decided to give him another chance, as he was probably nervous at our first meeting. We were supposed to go out for sushi then meet up with some of his friends for drinks. I got off the train and starting walking when he called to inform me that the place we were supposed to go to was closed. He met up with me and we walked a bit further to try and find a new place to go. We decided to just order a pizza and watch a movie at his place. He seemed a lot less nervous this time and I got to know him much better, as he'd taken down the funny facade a bit. Kung Fu Panda makes for a great date movie by the way. Before I left, he gave me a kiss. I was shocked at the sparks I felt by that one little kiss, so we'll see where this goes.

I like Navy guy because he's very funny and can keep up with my sarcasm and throw even more back at me. He's not as physically attractive as bacelor #1, but he still is an attractive guy. I just hope he does let me in a little more so I can get to know the real him better rather than just the funny him. He's also a wine lover, which is a plus for me :)

Round 3's coming up.... a date with both of them this week. Let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment