Thursday, June 18, 2009

Flowers

So bachelor #1 decided to be super cute and send me flowers at work on Friday. Nothing like an embarassing display of flowers to get all the women of the office swarming around like vultures, asking who they're from and lots of "ooooooo's." I love the ladies I work with, don't get me wrong; I just don't like all that attention due to a guy that I'm not entirely sure about.

The flowers earned him another date last night. He offered to cook dinner at his place, which worked just fine for me. I got to his place, called on the way there, and then waited in the lobby for a few minutes, expecting him to come down since I'd never been there before. I texted him and he just told me his floor number and apartment number. I found it a bit odd, considering how polite he was. I went upstairs and set my things down.

He has a sweet place; I guess its where his parents are going to retire to but its still awesome- great view of the lake and the city. Probably at least double the size of my place too. Anywho, he starts cooking and we make small talk. He'd made brownies, which I helped myself to while he cooked. Dinner was tasty and we did a bit of talking then. The whole time, though, I just felt really uncomfortable.


He did the dishes and then we talked even more, lots of awkward pauses which throws me into babble mode. I'm pretty sure I explained to him all the different types of bras and why they exist. Yep, straight up babbling.



I suggest throwing on a movie (which should've been a no-brainer on his part since he does movie critiques in his blog). We sit on the couch and he's close enough to put his arm around me, so I anticipate.... and nothing. Halfway through the movie, he sets his hand on top of mine and just leaves it there. Doesn't try to actually hold my hand or anything, just rests it. It was wierd and sweaty... I excused myself to the bathroom after 30 minutes of awkward hand resting. Came back, watched the rest of the movie, and indicated that I needed to get home due to it getting late. I quickly gathered my coat and bag . We hugged and then he went in for what I suppose was to be a passionate kiss. Instead, it felt like he was trying to melt our faces together.... smooshing his lips to mine. It did not work. At all.

After that, I left and called my best friend on the way home to vent all about it.

I'm sorry bachelor #1, but I'm just not that into you. I wish you all the best and hope you find someone with a bit more patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment