Monday, June 29, 2009

Worst... Match... e-mail... ever....

Ok, so I've definitely had my ups and downs with this online dating business. I figure eventually its gonna have to pay off.... hopefully. Last week, there was definitely a down.

Anywho, I decided to let Match.com send me a weekly e-mail with my new potential matches; daily was just too much and I wouldn't check them very often anyways.

So the end of the work day rolls around Thursday. I decide to check my e-mail quickly before I leave the office. My weekly matches are in my inbox, so I decide to take a peek and see if there's anyone interesting in the bunch. These e-mails have a thumbnail sized picture and a little info about your match, like age, hometown, etc.

I scroll down a bit and notice that the guy in the middle looks a lot like my older brother. Weird. I look at the guy's profile. Crap, same age as my brother, same hometown.... HOLY CRAP!!! Match.com decided that my brother and I are a good match for each other!! Gross, gross, gross!!!!!

After proceeding to freak out for the next 25 minutes straight while simultaneously attempting to avoid vomitting, I decided to send customer service a nasty e-mail. Seriously. Yes, I realize my brother and I have similar values, having the same parents and all. And yes, I also realize that sometimes people who aren't related have the same last name. However, I am paying a decent amount of money to hopefully be introduced to a potential love interest/partner. I already know this man and am, in fact, related to him! I know that cross referencing last names might not always work, but my brother and I have the same billing address for our credit cards. (Side note- we have a very Polish, very not- common last name too). I'm still waiting to hear back from an actual person at the website regarding this; all I got at first was an automated e-mail which I responded to immediately stating that it did not answer my question.

But seriously, my brother and I are an 88% match?!? We fight like cats and dogs....

If this is any indication of my luck with online dating, I may as well throw in the towel now.

No comments:

Post a Comment