Thursday, May 21, 2009

Online dating - perhaps a mini success?

So after reviewing my Daily 5 religiously and checking out the people who are winking at me, I'm finding Match might be worth it afterall.

I do have to say that I for the most part dismiss people who merely wink at me. If you think my profile is interesting enough and you think I'm attractive, why not start with a quick message? I don't wanna do all the work here guys. Plus, actually writing an e-mail shows you truely read my profile rather than just thinking I'm hot from my picture. Whatev...

Anywho, I get an e-mail every time someone winks at me. I'll go check out their profile and see what their deal is but normally I don't respond. One guy winked at me a few weeks ago and I went through the normal motions of reading the profile, checking out the pictures, etc. This guy was really cute, I mean REALLY cute. Plus, he had a personality to boot. His profile was straightforward and honest with a dash of sarcasm thrown in there. Like I said, I normally don't e-mail the winkers, but this guy caught my eye too.

I shot him an e-mail with a cheesy opener (Did you get something in your eye?) It worked because we e-mailed back and forth for like two weeks and finally chatted on the phone twice for 2 hours at a time. We've been out twice now so we'll see where this one goes.

There's some good stories from those two dates, but another time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment