Friday, July 31, 2009

He took me out, it was a Wednesday night...

So the date with the new guy went very well. I think we'll start calling him Mr. Avocado due to a conversation we had before meeting up. I'd asked him a question I ask pretty much all my friends and people when I first meet them: If you were a fruit/vegetable, what would you be and why? Now, the whole point of this question is creativity; not everyone gets that and they answer with their favorite fruit/veggie rather than one that is appropriate for their personality. I, for example, am a pineapple. I'm a little funny on the outside and some people aren't quite sure what to do with them, but once you get to the super sweet inner fruit, you realize that it was totally worth the effort. His answer was avocado and he put a lot of thought into it- even made a joke about how he makes a great dip at parties.

Anywho, sorry about the long tangent. Mr. Avocado picked me up from work and apologized profusely for being 5 minutes late (he got slightly lost due to exit ramps being closed). I accepted and then proceeded to drool. I mean, I knew what he look like going into this, but he was even more attractive in person, with the personality and cheesy sense of humor to boot. Win! We drove down to Chinatown and walked around a bit in the little stores and admired the abundant Bouddhas and bonsai plants. Lots of great conversation and flirtation.

After some store browsing and lots of walking, we decided that we should work on that whole dinner thing. His friend had suggested a place, but after walking past it, Mr. Avocado decided that it wasn't the ambiance he was looking for. We looked for another place and passed up a place I'd heard about and had been wanting to try. We ended up eating there and talking even more. The food was good, but the conversation was even better. Its starting to get creepy how many random things we have in common, but good creepy :)

After dinner, we walked a bit more and got a tapioca smoothie (which are delicious by the way, aka bubble tea depending on where you're from). Mr. A is not a big fan of the tapioca, but after some teasing from me, he decided to suck it up (literally). The smoothie was mighty tasty, and we decided to attempt some more exploring. We got on the topic of 80s music, George Michaels/Wham! mainly, and he mentioned researching dances from music videos. I asked for a demonstration and much to my surprise, he obliged.

So recap, he's extremely attractive, intelligent, hilarious, and not afraid to act like an idiot for a laugh..... sounds like the male version of me.

He dropped me off and gave me a hug. After I got in, I texted him thanks for a great night and drive home safely. His response: Simply put, I hoped for the best and received! I'm gonna be selfish here and say that the pleasure was all mine.

He's taking me out again Sunday. I'm excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment